Monday, 24 September 2012

An open letter to the husbands of crafty/mommy/fashion bloggers:

I wonder if you are tired of carrying that camera around.

I wonder if some days you just want to eat cereal instead of doing brunch, and what happens if you don’t like cupcakes.

I wonder if you feel objectified by your internet alias of "Husband," "Love," "Sir," or "Mr. Surname."

I wonder if she at least lets you draw the name out of the hat for the weekly giveaway. I wonder if you have to pay for the shipping.

I wonder if you felt strange the first time she asked you to take a picture of her outfit while she struck an unintelligible pose in front of that rundown chain link fence that somehow lent itself to the fashionable irony of the pose. I wonder if you ever daydream about hiring an intern to do it.

I wonder if she ever asks you to fix the computer so she can keep blogging and you say, "DIY!!"

I wonder if that child is even yours.

No, I don't really wonder that.

But I wonder if you've ever thought about hacking her computer and posting about how mediocre your day was.

I wonder if you like red lipstick.

I wonder if you’d like to switch over to being my husband so I can quit my job and focus on my blog.

Many thanks,

Rebbie

25 comments:

aubrey said...

this one made me laugh out loud!!! soooo spot on. THANK YOU.

holli h. said...

i wonder these things all the time.

Noelle said...

Love it.

Katie Mellor said...

haha yes, thank you for saying what we are all thinking. This is why I love you.

Jane Anne said...

Love this blog! So true.

Shauna said...

Seriously though, there is no way Mr. likes lipstick that much.

Jessica and Ryan Toolson said...

You pull through yet again!! I wonder these things daily. How are people that ready all of the time? And isn't it exhausting to have your house that perfect? My word! love you.

Carolyn said...

I LOVE THIS. I'm so glad someone finally said it all out loud.

And maybe I am just hanging out in the wrong circles, but guys I know? Actually don't care much for red lipstick.

Emily K said...

I wonder if they would rather be wearing cargo shorts instead of skinny jeans and a skinny tie

danielle said...

I love you more than I ever have right now.

Frédérique Stone Carroll said...

you are my roommate and i love you right now. alot.

J&B Barrett said...

LMAO!!!

Charlotte said...

I wonder if they enjoy having themed birthday parties?

brooke: said...

hahahaha this is the first time i've seen your blog but this post is brilliant and so is your header so now i'm obsessed with you. yay.

James said...

For the record, nine times out of ten I do enjoy cereal more than brunch.

amanda said...

bless your heart!

Rachel said...

My husband would kill me if I wore lipstick all the time, made him wear skinny jeans or a skinny tie, made him wait to eat until I prepared brunch ...

Guess that's why I'm neither crafty nor popular in the blog world :)

I supposed I'll just have to go back to watching the hair-and-dust-tumbleweeds blow aimlessly across my sparcely deocrated living room...

Muncher Cruncher said...

You are amazing. The end.

molly jane said...

I love this. I've always wondered if it actually is the husband who takes the pictures.

kylie nixon said...

i keep re-visiting this post because it's just too good. will you do a part II?

Alison Arntsen said...

ughhh poor husbands taking outfit pictures. how about when she asks you to break into her blog and write her a loving post for her birthday?

Miss Camp said...

many reasons why I love you.

Meg Morley Walter said...

This is really creepy of me since I don't know you and only know that we both went to T-View and I found your blog by creeping on other people's blogs, BUT, this is so funny that I L-ed OL then read the post to my husband.

Michelle said...

this should be written somewhere in the history books.

Krisen Franco Tashjian said...

I can't believe I haven't been reading your blog this whole time. YOU. ARE. HILARIOUS.