Thursday, 8 December 2011

all i want for christmas....


....is Betty Hayne's legs. 

Have you watched WHITE CHRISTMAS yet this year?



(Fast forward to 2:16 for the good stuff)

So...Christmas in two weeks huh? All I see is palm trees and I am thoroughly confused. I even resorted to Kenny G's "Miracles" album to put me in the mood but something just felt wrong. You know when it's July 27th and your iPod is on shuffle and "All I Want for Christmas is You" comes on? It felt like that. Only it's December here in this Twilight zone called LA-la land, where the outdoor malls create fake snow so you can feel like it's Christmas whilst spending zillions of dollars on your celeb friends. So strange.

I can't complain about the fact that I could* walk out my door any morning and go running. Or that tonight was my first time wearing my puffy coat. I'm simply in need of a lil' Holiday cheer.

How do you people from sunny climates feel Christmas-ish? I'm in need of a little help.

*could, not do.

3 comments:

holli h. said...

one day when you live some place sold again, you will long for a warm christmas! but i can see your dilemma here. in arizona, visiting the temple lights, drinking hot chocolate, seeing the nutcraker and other Christmas performances, really good mexican food, Christmas goodies from all our neighbors, Christmas movies, and just being around family--all things that got me into the christmas spirit despite the warm weather.

Carly said...

Ohh how I've been craving White Christmas! I'm glad you posted the clip. If it makes you feel any better, we all feel like inversion has replaced any Utah Valley snow. :)

Michelle and Aaron Darais said...

I feel ya! I overcompensate...Christmas tunes always...Immediately when I wake up, yes even at 630 AM I turn on the christmas tree lights and start christmas music before I make Aarons lunch-it is great, I buy lots of christmas treats, I have researched every christmassy thing to do in the greater phoenix area, my nails are red, even though I am too poor to buy anyone Christmas presents I still go to the mall for "christmas shopping" which is really just "window shopping", christmas scented candles, and christmas hand soap....hope it helps!