Thursday, 1 September 2011

i met a guy...

...who is handsome, smart, righteous, funny, kind and....
HE LOVES CREED.

Creed, the band. Remember? I almost put their music on my blog before remembering I'd rather die.

HE LOVES CREED! I cannot state that fact more clearly or with more disbelief. It's that tragic moment where you hear the one sentence, slow motion, that confirms you could never make someone happy.

Mine used to be, "Well, I just go to Community College because it's easy and I can hang out as much as I want." Now I'm afraid it's, "I like the band CREED."

Even worse is when it's followed by "I like Creed's evil-twin-step-cousin Nickelback, too."


Aghh this guy! With his Top Ramen hair!

Truth be told, the guy I speak of is only a friend of mine (I know you all got your hopes up) and there's never been romantic interest and I told him I could hate the sin (CREED) but love the sinner (him) despite our fundamental differences. But it's a little easier said than done. I mean I just don't get it, CREED??

Okay, okay I'll stop. But someone tell me you understand....

13 comments:

Kellee Marie Cook said...

dont worry, I completely understand.

Mrs. Ham said...

hahahaha i totally understand.. horrible band! when tanner and i first met, i told him i loved coldplay. he said ugh their horrible. about 6 months later i was listening to coldplay and he said "i love this song" well i was like umm pretty sure you dissed my favorite band a while back and this is them. he replies with this, "i always get creed and coldplay mixed up"

WHAT??? are they even close? how do you get them mixed up tanner?!

H. Baum said...

amen, sister. I'm so embarrassed that that awful musical cult is associated with our generation. so gross. It is menacing in my soul just to hear it! like nails on a chalkboard.

I love that you said "top ramen hair"- is so gross! Crunch man-perms are a definite no-no!

PS-- I totally said the same thing about my husband liking UFC when I met him.

holli h. said...

i was on a date, and the guys made fun of me when i told him that I like the beatles. He then proceeded to tell me his favorite band wa nickleback. no joke. I was looking around for cameras at that point. I thought I wa being punked.

holli h. said...

*guy

Julianne said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
well i just heard...the news today...seems my LIIIIFE...is gonna change...WITH ARMS WIDE OPEN..WELCOME TO THIS PLACE I'LL SHOW YOU EVERYTHING.
oh my gosh was that played at hitler's funeral?
thats horrible. hahaha i miss you!!!!

David said...

And I'm sixsh feet from the edge and I'm thinkaa-eeenin'. Maybe sixsh feet, ain't so far down.

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whitney said...

Hahaha! I just told my freshmen Eng. class this week to write a paper on the worst band ever and I told them I would choose Creed and/or Nickelback. They seemed to think I was in the wrong, but I stand by my decision and I'm glad I've got an ally. (:

Brittany said...

I laughed out loud at this one. That is most unfortunate.

Also, Julianne's comment made me laugh out loud too.

Those were two laughs I desperately needed. :)

adam and jess said...

when i started reading your blog my exact though was "creed is bad, but nickelback is worse". then i continued reading and realized you hit that nail on the head too. they're the worst!

Katie Mellor said...

hahaha oh rebbie you're hilarious. I completely agree. creed is just a deal breaker for me.

Shauna said...

WHO IS IT?