Sunday, 28 August 2011

The week after vacation....

...feels like an eternal Monday.
Last week in Bear Lake I realized that I basically have the best family in the universe. Here are a very few pictures, brought to you by Instagram.


Our first stop every year is Bob's for some fresh Bob's Raspberries. We O.D. on these things.


View from the deck. Any book read here is 50% more enjoyable.

View from the casita down by the lake. What a beautiful mess we make at this place.

I can't say I'm a fan of dragonflies, but you have to be heartless to not feel bad for this guy. He somehow got skewered on the antennae of our truck and may have permanently ruined my appetite for kabobs.

It's been a terrible adjustment to real life but slowly I'm getting there :) I'm not sure I've ever appreciated enough how great it is to be with the people you know and love most. AND to be completely without internet! What a crazy, lovely thing.

On a somewhat completely separate note, today at church Rachael showed me this quote. I think I read it twelve times. Is anyone getting sick of my heartfelt posts? I sure am. Someday I'll return to the woman I used to be, but for now life is a beautiful, terrifying adventure that I can't ignore. And lucky you, you get to endure it with me!!!!!

"After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul.
And you learn that love doesn't mean security, and presents aren't promises.
And you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes open, with the grace of maturity, not the grief of a child.
And you learn to build all your roads on today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans, and futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight.
After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much.
So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.
And you learn that you can really endure. That you really are strong, and that you really do have worth. And you learn, and you learn, and you learn. With every goodbye, you learn."

Isn't that lovely? It made me re-excited about being alive. With that said, it's 12:01 and officially MONDAY. Make it a good one friends.

2 comments:

kylie nixon said...

That quote. Yes. Love it.

Loveyoumissyourebbles.

tayloranne said...

Thanks for sharing that quote Rebbie.

Also, family vacations are the best :)