Tuesday, 5 July 2011

well, i'm alive.


And I live in LA. So weird. I am tired/overwhelmed/happy and exhausted so this will be quick.

I had to blog about a few final events in p-town, most notably seeing HARRY AND THE POTTERS play at the SLC library. I've never been so happy.

(harry potter year 4 with his gryffindor sax)

The band is literally three guys (Harry Potter year 4, Harry Potter year 7, and their drummer) who were struggling to play horrible music and decided one day to rename themselves after the boy who lived. They now sing dorky wizard songs and I suppose make a living touring the country's libraries. Behold the power of branding.

Here is Robbie getting his appropriate t shirt signed, whilst telling Harry Potter year four about his idea for a Wizard Rock band, "Bellatrix and the Crux Hors." They liked it especially for its black leathery undertones.


Robbie, your magic really is real.


I got to help mama babysit these darlings, Emy and Charlie. We went to Seven Peaks and watched way too many movies. Here they are trying on Dad's old glasses.....obsessed.

Gangster Charlie?

My last night in p-town we went out on the lake and I couldn't have asked Mother Nature for a more perfect evening.

Then I drove with my mom and my sis for 12,00000 hours through weekend/holiday traffic with my life packed in two cars.


We painted walls and decorated and laughed and spent a billion dollars at Target and ate dinner sitting on a mattress in the middle of my empty living room.

I will post pictures when the place is looking more photogenic. I love my bedroom but the living room is, for all intents and purposes, a dance studio at this point. The spaciousness and hardwood floors are nice, but hopefully I'll fill it with something sooner or later. I'm realllll excited about decorating this place. Till then, I'm going to bed. Love n' hugz.

8 comments:

holli h. said...

Already miss you!! have fun in LA, miss career woman!! kiss kiss

Musing Elitist said...

i cannot believe i missed harry and the potters. we got to save ginny weasley from the basilisk

danielle said...

i love you

adam and jess said...

i'm sad i didn't get to see you before you left! glad you made it safe you little california girl you!

Becca said...

Good luck Rebbie! It's sound exciting, scary, thrilling, and so amazing. Good luck with everything!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Carolyn said...

Hi Rebbie! I have been meaning to comment since I saw you at Yogurtland forever ago. I know how the moving thing feels- I just did it myself. Good luck with everything!

Mrs. Ham said...

you must post pics of your place soon! i'm so glad you made it...SAFE! i cannot believe your story below. glad you shared it, i told tan then we both just kept talking about how crazy that story was, good entertainment now that you're still alive. hope all is well!

Cason and Marie said...

I need more of an update!! how are you liking it????? HOw's your job?? You are the greatest!!