Monday, 4 April 2011

what's in an about me section?

People may call me judgmental. I call myself perceptive.

Recently Spence was telling me about some guy at the gym (spence is not a tool) who wanted to fight him or something (i promise, he's really not). Naturally I requested to see this man's Facebook profile. I was less shocked than delighted to see his interests.

"MMA, Boxing, Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu, Road Trips, Learning New Things, Basketball, Baseball, INVESTING, Weightlifting Bodybuilding, Watching Movies, Going out to Eat."

One of these things is not like the other. Right? Maybe it's just me. The icing on the cake though came in a box classified as "Basic Information"


I will refrain from saying many things about this person. What I will say is that I became itchingly curious as to what my own 'about me' section said. The result?

"I'm currently living in London. My roommates consist of 40 other girls and 1 boy and I am somehow still loving life!!"

Oh hey, Fall 2008! My music interests consisted of Corinne Bailey Rae, Colbie Caillat and the Step Up soundtrack. Sheeeeesh.

I have since (somewhat) updated my about my section but honestly isn't this whole 'capture my personality online' thing so exhausting? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Facebook as much as the next girl, it's just that I so infinitely prefer real life.

I'm hoping the above mentioned yet nameless individual will find it in his heart, if he ever hears of me picking fights at the gym and stalks me on Facebook, not to judge a girl by her 'about me' section.

4 comments:

live and myrn said...

confession: sometimes i stay on your blog long after i've read your latest just to listen to your blog playlist. what a great mix you make. thanks rebbster!

Lindsey S. said...

haha! This made me laugh.

Real life much better then facebook. I think a lot of people are still needing to learn that.

Michelle and Aaron Darais said...

Haha first of all step up must always be a favorite! It never gets old! Second of all I have 3 movies for us to watch this summer, center stage, the notebook, and step up, and third of all the leading men in all of these are dreamy, it's a good to do list!

Michelle said...

Yes! it IS exhausting to portray yourself online! ugh