Thursday, 28 April 2011

pilates & joe's cafe

My first adventure consisted of two slightly opposite endeavors. The first was PILATES. Beats Yoga hands down. I don't know why I've gone to Yoga all those (three) times when I could have been at Pilates.

The second was eating at Joe's Cafe. Most random, tiny little place on State Street that I would never have seen if I wasn't looking. Pretty sure Joe packs more calories per square bite than any restaurant on earth. He takes your order, makes your food, and talks to you in between each step. So refreshing to be in a place where there doesn't seem to be any hurry.

Here is Nat and her omelet...she gets credit for discovering the venue.


So intense.

See all those pictures on the wall? Joe insists on taking a pic with every customer who comes through. There are so many that by now they aren't even taped to the walls, they just hang there holding onto each other.

We are now a permanent part of Joe's decor! Wooohoo. While I doubt the pilates made up for the omelet, both were totally worth a try.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

I am glad that you have been converted to Pilates. I love it and have Emy and Charlie hooked. I am excited for the day when I don't have to do the "at home" pilates and venture out of my 3 videos. It is like dancing upside down for a half hour. Heaven