Wednesday, 13 April 2011

my finals are better than yours.

Ok maybe I should let that joke die. But before then I must share my final assignment for my creative fiction class:

Write a short story that meets each of the criteria below:
-be exactly 450 words
-have the title "roustabout"
-include these words or objects: tether, pelican, marionette, weathervane
-include a character death by an act of God
-begin and end with the words, "it was so cold"

I am a bit at a loss as to where to start but I'll take it over the testing center any day. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone know what "roustabout" even means?

4 comments:

H. Baum said...

Oh i am SO envious! That class sounds rad. (Yes I still use the word rad.) A roustabout I think is someone who works on oil rigs or does random work. But an oil rig catching on fire in some clever way would be a pretty good death by God...?

Musing Elitist said...

haha that is brilliant.

danielle said...

oh my gosh. i'll pray for you.

Britt Linde said...

i think a roustabout is when you are driving in the car, and you come to a stop sign, except for its not a stop sign, its a yield sign, and there is a big circle median in the middle, and you have to go around the circle in order to turn left or go straight.