Monday, 21 March 2011

book report.

As an English Minor you face quite a struggle to fit in with all the Majors you attend classes with. They name drop books like nobody's business and it can be quite exhausting.
In my latest attempt to elevate myself to their culture level, I read....


And I have to say it is maybe the most beautiful thing I've ever read.
All I want now is to be a cowboy, or maybe just to take one as my lover. Either way you must read it, NOW.

Upon googling the cover image, however, I came upon this discovery.

While I'm a firm believer that book > movie, you better believe I put this on the top of my Netflix queue. What is it about the Matt Damon?

5 comments:

holli h. said...

that is one of my most favorite books, if not THE FAVORITE. so glad you posted this.

Andy said...

And also important to note: directed by Billy Bob Thornton. He's good at pretty much everything he does (except for staying married to Angelina Jolie).

Sarah Orme said...

You HAVE to read A River Runs Through It. 100 pages of AMAZING.

Jake Rothfels said...

The movie is my favorite chick-flick. And I don't like many chick-flicks.

Musing Elitist said...

Welcome to the world of Cormac McCarthy. It is a beautiful beginning to a life long love affair. I'm not exaggerating either. The movie is not the best adaptation of a Cormac novel, but it is worth watching. I would suggest continuing and finish up the boarder trilogy.