Friday, 4 February 2011

math fix.

I believe I have now officially entered the phase of life entitled:
"I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD ACTUALLY GRADUATE COLLEGE LET ALONE WITHOUT A MAN TO MAKE ME HAPPY OR PAY MY AUTOMOBILLZ."
Sigh.
This phase of life is filled with many ups and downs, ins and outs, but mostly just a lot of confusion.
So what is an innocent, upstanding Mormon girl supposed to turn to when there seem to be no answers in life?
MATH.
By some blessed miracle I have not had to do this horrid thing since high school. Since then I have pursued other paths that seem to pride themselves in having ZERO right answers.
Usually all this creative nonsense is fun but lately I'm finding it quite infuriating.

So the other night I download a worksheet of times tables. I then took my roommate's advice and went to coolmath-games.com, where she sends her 4th graders when they get done with homework early.

If that doesn't make your bad-design blood run cold I don't know what does.

Anyway, I found it quite therapeutic and I recommend it to anyone who is single, in their 20-somethings, feeling semi (or majorly) lost, and in need of a clean way to deal with it.

Here's to using my everlasting optimism to look at this as one, big, answerless adventure.

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

I just found this through google, and laughed so hard. You kind of just summed up my life too! HA, here's to going at it alone...

Josh said...

Funny that your two comments are probably from people you don't know. I know a friend of yours, laughed when I saw your blog title after perusing her blog and came inspecting. I especially loved the dishwasher-cup-art. So dang funny.

danielle stolworthy said...

coolmath-games.com
who knew it would be the answer to our seemingly endless and pathetic prayers.

Cassie said...

You are becoming smarter than a 5th grader. You go girl.

Sarah Orme said...

so true....can i just say that having a game plan for life must be a lie. Because seriously-how else could you explain the people that have them.

xoxo
Sarah

HoodaMath.com said...

Have you heard of our math games and more site, Hooda Math?
Try our featured games at http://hoodamath.com/games/