Tuesday, 14 December 2010

18 months too long

The moment has finally arrived.
Tomorrow morning I will be whisked off to Ecuador to pick up sister!!! She has been gone for the last 18 months serving a mission, and those of you who know me remotely well know that I have been quite a poor sport about it. Honestly it has been an amazing experience for all parties, but what am I supposed to do when my bffff is taken from me?
I've been thinking about the last 18 months and all that's happened, and it's kinda blowing my mind. I am so grateful for all the opportunities I've had and the people who have made them amazing. There have definitely been some hard times but definitely more great ones.
So weird to think that 18 months ago I...

hadn't started the creative track.

which means i didn't know these people.

hadn't lived in the candy shoppe

which means i hadn't lived at all

i had goggles

instead of laser vision

i drove this

not this

char char did not exist

and susie hadn't changed our lives

i hadn't met them

or him

or lived here.

I feel pretty good about the last 18 months. I think I'm going to feel even better about them tomorrow.


5 comments:

Tawni said...

AHHHHHH! This post makes me excited for so many reasons!!! I'm so glad we've gone through the last 3.5 together! Have a blast and be safe! Love you so much <3

Charlotte said...

I love that a reference to me is posted above a picture of your nephew...wait, that is a reference to me, right?? have so much fun tomorrow! can't wait to see you when i get back!! :)

BYU Survivors said...

I'm commenting.
You met jake gyllenhaal?? What the??!?!

danielle stolworthy said...

ah my sister said she saw this & i missed it.
i miss you my bunkbuddy.blogspot.com
have so much fun!
xoxoxoxoxo

kylie nixon said...

this post warms my soul. we live a good life.

p.s. i just remembered a human named jeff dubois today. bahahhahahaha. jeff dubois!!! does he still exist?

heart ya