10 amazing things i've done in the past 10 days
1. visited the preston england temple
london fall 2008 could possibly be summed up in one word: SCAFFOLDING.
2. traveled to stratford to see the rsc perform ROMEO AND JULIET. AHHH
wherefore art thou romeo??? he's on the right. he was so perfectly whiny and immature.
we SPRINTED back to the train after the show was over. a terrifying awakening to how out of shape we are. we got home at 2:30 am, after leaving the centre at 7 am that morning for the temple....bah
3. saw sir derek jacobi in twelfth night
there he is gettin down at his boy sir ian mckellen's surprise b day bash. thank you google.
4. went crazy on oxford street...the fact that everything costs 1.5 as much somehow doesn't phase me anymore.
topshop = heaven on earth. worldly heaven, but heaven still.
primark = hell on earth. but dresses for 5 pounds are somehow worth it.
5. saw the lighting of the HUGE norwegian christmas tree in trafalgar square
this place is magic.
6. FINISHED MY WOMAN QUESTION AND SHAKESPEARE FINALS!!! never ever again will i think about fanny burney or which women had to do with of the crimean war or which other woman scorned marriage and became something cool. enough with women!! i've had nothing but women for the past 3 1/2 months!!
curse you mary wollstonecraft! i mean what did women's rights ever do for me?
7. saw war horse at the national theatre...on the front row...for 10 pounds.
i can't even explain this....they use the horse as a puppet but it's so amazing you forget it's not real. it's about WWI and horses and love and i never thought i would cry about the relationship between man and mammal.
8. oh yeah. the other night i saw nicole kidman, hugh jackman and elton john. no big deal...
SO SMOKIN HOT.
so this random sedan pulls up and out of nowhere pops elton john. he looks badddd. kind of troll like. his boo didn't seem to mind though. yuck.
9. went ice skating in hyde park! it was pure joy. for those of you who know me well know what a big deal this is
the market outside the skating rink
burnt marshmallow hats.
10. saw the rsc perform HAMLET. oh my goodness....there are no words.
unfortunately david tennant hurt his back :( so rude of him
instead i saw edward bennet who really was amazing.
and luckily, this studmuffin was claudius. surprisingly not too impressive..he didn't really play it any certain way. but come on, how can you not be wowed by professor xavier?
this was the view from my seat. seriously? pretty theatre though right...haha i had to contort my body in the most awkward position in order to see. no joke i was sore afterwards. i paid 5 POUNDS though. best deal of my life.
how will i ever watch theatre again? i have been spoiled for life.
now it's 11:15 and i'm blogging (for those who didn't realize). have i studied for my religion final tomorrow morning at 9? not one bit.
i get to see shelly and the parentals tomorrow. happiness.