Saturday, 22 November 2008

Oui Oui Paris!!

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

Thank you Charles Dickens for summarizing the 5 days just spent in PARIS. Don't get me wrong--I had some of the most amazing experiences of my life! But I also don't think I've ever been so completely EXHAUSTED OUT OF MY MIND. Here are 10 magical moments I had:

First time I set eyes on our ho(s)tel room
Painful auschwitz beds with no sheets and one blanket. Jordyn got the nacho fiesta comforter

Seeing the Eiffel Tower...in real life. And then when it started sparkling
Being a hunchback at Notre Dame Cathedral
LOUVRE. Words cannot explain...but i'll try
After hours and hours of walking, we stumble into the courtyard. Greeted by complete, magical silence. Anna and I linked arms, listened to la vie en rose and wished for men.
Ate fluffy french cheesecake in the park by the eiffel tower. See the remains of my fork in my hand? I got a little to excited....
Sat at the pond between the louvre and the ferris wheel and contemplated the meaning of life
Ate an ouef/jambon/fromage/tomate/oignon/salade crepe on the mouffetard.

le sacre couer. The jamaican men who tried to rope us (literally-ba ha ha) into buying their ghetto hemp bracelets. "Hakunamatata. I no charge you anything." liars.
Seeing van gogh at the musee d'orsay. I couldn't stop looking at this. Everything in these two rooms was just...unbelievable.
Eating my weight in chocolat and chantilly cream on the champs elysses. I wish I could say this was the worst it got....Sara likened me unto a child on its 1st birthday :(
Is it me or do half of these have to do with food? Embarrassing....anyway, here are more fun pix. I hate when people call them pix.

versailles
notre damehall of mirrors anyone?
still not sure how this happened

6 comments:

Becca said...

Rebbie you look like you're having the time of your life! We love Paris, it doesn't get much better! I'm proud to see that half of your pictures were of food, because let's be honest, eating great food is what life is all about!

jrHolman said...

great shot in Notre Dame. unless you pulled that off the internet, then shame on you for passing it off as your own. but i believe that you took that and i certainly am proud of you for that!

Brandon and Katie said...

wow rebb!!! looks like you're having the time of your life. you've become such a little model. You look like you belong there. When do you get back again? :) love ya!

Anna said...

Um. Nighttime love stroll through Louvre grounds again, please.

(Sans walking. And sans no boys.)

Annie Grow said...

And yes, we(me and you) will be going there too together. Don't you worry Rebb, I did get one of those hemp bracelets. And guess what, I held them to their word and they no charge me anything! I'm so glad you're enjoying it so much. It really is all worth ever heavy pound! Miss you and love you, as always.

Kristen said...

oh my gosh we stayed there too. and we saw a dead homeless man outside the "mall". yikes. you guys are so cute, i cant wait to hear all of your stories!