Thursday, 16 October 2008

I'm like an American, so basically I'm better than you.

Favorite moments of the week:


This is the British Library and it was ammmmazing. I saw handwritten copies of the Magna Carta, Jane Eyre, Tess of the Durbeville's, letters from Thomas More to Henry VII, Beatles lyrics scribbled on envelopes, original scores from Ravel, Mozart...probably sounds stupid but really I had goosebumps.





We have to do these 'walks' through the city for one of our classes. This one went through the Government District. While coming up to Buckingham palace we walked by James Park and the leaves were so beautiful!!! Orange leaves covering everything. Ah so Fallish. Needless to say we stopped and had an hour long photo shoot.


It didn't work :(

So are you ready for my most embarrassing experience yet? One of the many times I wish I had SHUT my loud mouth. We were on the tube coming home from a show (The Year of Magical Thinking-slightly depressing but incredible) and were on the tube talking about our classes. We were talking about which ones we were worried about and which ones we weren't. So I'm taking a class called 'British History'...which is pretty easy and slightly boring at times. So I said, "You know, I don't really care about British History." On the tube. IN BRITAIN. Gooood job Rebbie!! So whenever you worry, don't fret, I am doing my part to change the way the British see us Americans. God Bless The USA.

4 comments:

Brienne said...

Rebs! Your blog is my favorite to read. It always makes me laugh and miss you even more. But not for long!!! see you in two weeks!!! ahh!!!!

Kellee Marie said...

glad to see your putting the green jacket to good use. At least a part of me is there.

Todd, Rose and Emy said...

Hey, Americans are the best...everyone knows that:) Miss you!

Silvia said...

Rebbie, this is the first time I have read your blog and I was dying when I read this story!!! It totally reminds me of this story...
Last summer I went to Europe with a few friends, while we were on the train in Germany, we started talking about German history (I don't even remember exactly what we were talking about). My friend Racheal wasnt paying attention to our conversation and said, "Wait, what did you say?" and my other friend Ashley says, practically yelling, "YOU KNOW, HITLER!" as she raises her arm in the air(as in 'HAIL HITLER!). Me and Racheal were absolutely mortified but we could not stop laughing!
I love you. Hope you are having the time of your life.