Monday, 6 October 2008

CONFERENCE ROCKS MY WORLD.

I'm sorry but I love this picture. Isn't it so typical? 'THAT'S WHAT I LOOK LIKE?" I remember some guy asking why girls immediately look at the picture after they take it and without fail say, "ew I look so bad." Sad commentary on our insecure sex.
Tonight we're going to see Mamma Mia for Sara's Birthday. I'm not sure how I feel about voluntarily subjecting myself to hours of Abba...we'll see how it goes. Right now all it reminds me of is Mom singing with the vacuum. Love her..
Tomorrow we're leaving for the North! Lake District=beautiful+freezing. Should be fun though! Another week of no school. Dang it :)


So conference was amazing....it's crazy how much you feel the spirit when you can actually understand the language they are speaking! We watched the sessions from 5-7 pm and from 9-11 pm. Definitely a different experience. It's so weird to be so far away and yet watching something that reminds me so much of home. I loved knowing that in the midst of this busy city we all took time to stop and enjoy the peace of the Gospel. I needed it.

6 comments:

Brienne said...

You look so cute!!! i love it! and i love you!! and i miss you!!!! can i come see you? please?!?!??!

Becca said...

haha, that picture describes most girls perfectly, it made me laugh. Mamma Mia, fun fun, you know you'll love the hours of Abba. I love London, I'm still so jealous. Enjoy every minute!

Brandon and Katie said...

oh how i miss you!! so funny story... we were with some friends last night and i discovered that he went to..............MACON GEORGIA..........on his mission!! hahah I was laughing so hard. so many questions i need to ask him. Is macon really that ugly? ;) haha good memories. we were the cutest little 8th graders ever. oh wait.. that joke carried throughout all of highschool and beyond. i love it and i love you. looks like you're having so much fun.

J&B Barrett said...

reb I laughed so hard at your little "random thoughts" tangent.. haha you lucky girl getting to hang out in europe, Im jealous!!! bath and brighton were my favorite! have fun!!

Lindsey S. said...

What a cool experience! I have never watched conference anyway but at home. I knew out of the US people couldn't just get it from there TV's at home but James had to explain to me that it isn't on TV everywhere in the US. Am I blonde? Yep! Didn't realize not everyone could just hang out at home and watch it in there comfy pj's!

kinsley beau said...

how are you doing i just got a blog so i am adding all my friends!!! i miss you