Sunday, 14 September 2008

Como?? No entiendo tus palabras....

Ok...so I hate posting without pictures but mi computadora is gone. So Shakira is going to have to suffice for the theme of this post.
First day at the Spanish Branch. OH MY GOSH. They speak 5 million mph I swear to you! Ah I would concentrate as hard as I possibly could and I really could understand the main message but wow. The RS teacher called on me for some answer and my face just went bright red. Haha it really got exciting during sacrament though...
The YW were doing a presentation where each one spoke about a different value. Before the first one speaks, they put on this total EFY-gone-espanol background music. Then the cell phones start going off. Then the lady in front of us lifts up her shirt and starts breast feeding. Then the music starts skipping. Oh my goodness I lost it. I could not stop laughing and I felt really bad but it was just worlds away from Provo church. Michael leans over and goes "Welcome to Latin America." Weird. Don't get me wrong, the girls were so sweet and everything but it was a little culture shock-ish! Even though I can't understand a lot of what they are saying you can see how much love there is in the ward. It was really eye opening. Luckily they asked me to be the pianist so there is at least something I can contribute.
Other than that today was great, I went on a 2 hour walk through Hyde Park before church. Holy cow it is so beautiful. It's like the Thanksgiving Point gardens but less fake feeling. I LOVE BRITISH CHILDREN! There were so many around today riding their 'scooters' (mini razors) and it made me miss the kiddies so much :(
The weekend was great--saw a play called 39 steps, went to the Thames Festival, PORTABELLO MARKET, and saw a Vivaldi performance (Four Seasons) in Leicester Square. I am in love with this place.

3 comments:

betsy b said...

rebs! hola culture shock in the spanish branch.
you are so lucky though. oh i miss you...

Todd, Rose and Emy said...

I love reading your blog because I can imagine what you are doing and seeing!!! It brings me utter joy! Good luck amiga

Annie Stewart said...

Rebb, ahh I wish I was in that sacrament meeting with you. That is too funny. I'm so glad you're loving it. I knew you'd come around.
love you!